Helping banks and federal savings associations to be leaders in community development finance.
Community Affairs supports the OCC’s mission to ensure a vibrant banking system by helping national banks and federal savings associations to be leaders in providing safe and sound community development financing and making financial services accessible to underserved communities and consumers, while treating their customers fairly. Community Affairs conducts outreach and develops publications to support this goal, in addition to:
- administering the national bank public welfare investment authority (12 CFR 24) and the comparable authority for federal savings associations.
- providing community development training and technical assistance to OCC examiners and supervised banks, community organizations and leaders, and other stakeholders.
- offering customized consultations to help banks identify community development finance opportunities and resources.
- facilitating communication among lenders, community groups, and government officials through workshops and conferences.
- publishing community development information on best practices and investment opportunities.
- compiling Resource Directories on a range of community development topics.
Read our Recently Released Publications or browse Community Affairs Articles by Topic.
July/August 2019 Financial Literacy Update
This bimonthly e-newsletter reports upcoming financial literacy events, initiatives, and related resources of the OCC and other government agencies and organizations.
Submitting National Bank Public Welfare Investment Filings Using CATS
Describes the processes that national banks should follow when submitting public welfare investment applications and notices to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency through the Central Application Tracking System.
Indian Loan Guarantee, Insurance, and Interest Subsidy Program
Describes a credit enhancement tool that allows lenders to overcome certain challenges to financing for tribes and individual Indians.
FHLB Programs for Community Development Finance
Describes Federal Home Loan Bank community development
finance programs that may be considered by national banks and federal savings
Describes the benefits and opportunities of financial capability activities for national banks and federal savings associations, including potential CRA consideration.
|01/25/2019||NR 2019-7,||OCC Promotes Earned Income Tax Credit Awareness Day|
|11/26/2018||NR 2018-126,||OCC Publication Discusses Importance of Bank Financing for Rural Broadband Initiatives|
|10/25/2018||NR 2018-113,||Federal Financial Institutions Regulatory Agencies Announce Availability of 2017 Small Business, Small Farm, and Community Development Lending Data|