Industry Multifamily Resources
- The Community Land Trust (CLT) Network's Research Collaborative partnered with Meagan Ehlenz, a doctoral student at the University of Pennsylvania, to produce a report titled, “Limited Equity Coops by Community Land Trusts: Case Studies and a Feasibility Assessment for the Hybrid Model”. The report includes detailed project summaries of coop projects developed by CLTs and a tool to evaluate the feasibility of prospective multifamily limited equity coop projects. View the report and related resources on CLT-LEC projects here.
- Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University working paper, "The Role of Nonprofit Organizations and Public Programs in Promoting Home Rehabilitation and Repair Activity," cites the critical role nonprofits play in the home improvement and repair industry. The nonprofits listed were: NeighborWorks America, Enterprise Community Partners, Local Initiatives Support Corporation, Rebuilding Together and Habitat for Humanity. Get the paper by clicking here.
- Enterprise Community Partners Inc. is a national nonprofit intermediary with more than 25 years of experience in the community development and affordable housing field and is a leading provider of capital and expertise for affordable housing and community development.
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation, a national nonprofit intermediary, that assembles private and public resources, enabling local organizations to access national resources and expertise and funding partners to leverage their investments.
- Housing Assistance Council. This national nonprofit intermediary, was created to increase the availability of decent and affordable housing for rural, low-income people.
- National Association of Affordable Housing Lenders is a membership organization committed to increasing private lending and investing in low- and moderate-income communities for affordable housing and community economic development through its private sector lenders and investors.
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials is a housing and community development organization whose members administer a variety of affordable housing and community development programs at the local level.
- National Housing Trust is a nonprofit intermediary dedicated to the preservation of federally assisted, decent, safe, and affordable housing.
- Mortgage Bankers Association, a membership organization, represents the real estate finance industry.
- National Association of Home Builders, a membership organization, represents the home building industry, including multifamily builders and developers. NAHB multifamily resources can be found here.
- National Multi Housing Council, a membership organization, represents firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry including ownership, development, management, and financing.
- Preserving Affordable Housing: Innovative Partnerships, is an OCC publication illustrating innovative approaches to help preserve the nation’s supply of affordable multifamily rental properties.
Last Updated: 02/13/2019