A Guide to Tribal Ownership of a National Bank
This publication is a part of:
Collection: Comptroller’s Licensing Manual
This guide is intended to assist federally recognized Indian tribes in exploring entry into the national banking system by establishing or acquiring control of a national bank.
- Provides background information to consider when entering banking.
- Outlines the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency's (OCC's) corporate application process.
- Summarizes supervision and oversight of national banks.
- Addresses operational issues relevant to tribally owned banks.
- Includes a glossary and a reference section, listing additional OCC publications and other resources.