Lead Modeling Expert
Retail Credit Risk Analysis Division
Natalie Tiernan is a lead modeling expert in the Retail Credit Risk Analysis Division within the Economics department at the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Dr. Tiernan's research interests include banking and regulation, quantitative macroeconomics, and real estate economics. She holds a doctorate in economics from Georgetown University and a bachelor of science in business from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University.
- Working Papers
- Tiernan, Natalie and Deming Wu (2018). "Recovery rate and resolution time: Is the length of the corporate bankruptcy process optimal for all creditors?"
- Gete, Pedro and Natalie Tiernan (2014). “Lending Standards and Countercyclical Capital Requirements under Imperfect Information.”
- Gete, Pedro and Natalie Tiernan (2014). “Overlending and Macroprudential Tools.”
- Tiernan, Natalie (2014). “Competition and Lending Standards in Mortgage Markets.”
- Tiernan, Natalie (2014). “Lender Expectations and Mortgage Lending Standards: A Panel Data Study.”