- Bank Director Workshops are designed to meet the needs of new directors as well as experienced bank directors who want to review the fundamentals or get critical updates.
- 2014 Joint Mutual Forum will be held July 24, 2014, in Washington D.C. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency invite executives of mutual depository institutions and stock depository institutions in a mutual holding company structure to attend. The forum will promote the operations of mutual depository institutions and discuss industry trends. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with executives from other mutual organizations as well as senior management from the OCC and the FDIC, including FDIC Chairman Martin J. Gruenberg and Comptroller of the Currency Thomas J. Curry. Presentations will address the latest legislation, an economic outlook, cybersecurity challenges, and regulatory compliance updates. Breakout sessions will focus on interest rate risk, third party relationships, and mutual holding companies. Learn more about the 2014 Joint Mutual Forum.
- Community Affairs conducts outreach and training in support of the OCC's mission by helping national banks and federal savings associations to be leaders in providing safe and sound community development financing and making financial services accessible to underserved communities and consumers.
- Mutual Savings Association Advisory Committee (MSAAC) meetings are held multiple times each year. The committee provides advice to the Comptroller of the Currency about mutual savings associations and assesses the current condition, regulatory changes that may ensure their health and viability, and other issues affecting these institutions. The committee includes officers and directors of mutual savings institutions of all types, sizes, operating strategies, and geographic areas, as well as two representatives from federal savings associations in a mutual holding company structure. View more about MSAAC meetings.
- Minority Depository Institution Advisory Committee (MDIAC) meetings are held periodically to provide advice to OCC on meeting the goals of Section 308 of the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989. Minority depository institutions frequently provide financial services to low-moderate income and minority communities. MDIAC will provide OCC an assessment of the current condition of minority depository institutions, and what regulatory changes or other steps OCC should consider to preserve minority institutions. View more about MDIAC meetings.
- Building on 150 Years: The Future of National Banking Symposium will be held at the Boston Hynes Convention Center on March 31. Hosted by the OCC and Boston University, the event commemorates the 150th anniversary of the founding of the OCC and the national banking system. Speakers at the one-day event include Comptroller of the Currency Thomas J. Curry, former Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Sheila Bair, Chair of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament Sharon Bowles, former U.S. Senator Christopher Dodd, President of the Independent Community Bankers of America Camden Fine, former U.S. Congressman Barney Frank, Vice Chairman of the FDIC Thomas Hoenig, Professor Cornelius Hurley, Partner in Washington Law Firm Barnett, Sivon & Natter, P.C. and former Deputy Chief Counsel, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Raymond Natter, former Minnesota Governor and President of The Financial Services Roundtable Timothy Pawlenty, former Chairman of Citicorp John Reed, and former Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System Paul Volcker. Learn more about the symposium and how to register.