Search/Apply for Jobs
The OCC uses a fully automated process to fill its positions, with the exception of Entry-Level Attorneys and Legal Interns. View OCC vacancy announcements and apply online through USAJOBS.
Applying for a Job
Step 1 - Review the Job Announcement
Step 2 - Create or Upload a Resume with USAJOBS
Step 3 - Apply Online
Step 4 - Answer the Online Questions
Step 5 - Submit Documents
Step 6 - Review and Confirm Your Submission
Conditions of Employment
What to Expect Next
Step 1 - Review the Job Announcement: Before you apply, we suggest you review the entire job announcement. Pay close attention to the Duties section and the How You Will Be Evaluated section where you will see the areas upon which your application will be evaluated.
Step 2 - Create or Upload a Resume with USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov): Build or upload a resume in USAJOBS. You may wish to customize your resume to ensure it supports your responses to the online questions and addresses the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement. For resume tips, click here.
Step 3 - Apply Online:
- Click the "Apply Online" link in the job announcement and select your USAJOBS resume to submit with your application. You will be redirected to the Department of the Treasury's CareerConnector website to complete the application process.
- If applying online poses extreme hardship, contact the human resources office identified in the job announcement no later than noon Eastern/Mountain Time on the closing date. After this time, requests to apply will not be granted.
Step 4 - Answer the Online Questions
- If this is your first time on Treasury's CareerConnector website, you will be prompted to create an “Applicant Profile” by providing Personal Information, Military Service and Veteran Preference data. *Note: Although you must enter your Social Security Number (SSN), we will only see the last four digits for identification purposes. The system will save your responses and display an “Account Created” message indicating that your account has been successfully created. Click "Apply to this Vacancy" to answer questions related to your eligibility for Federal employment and respond to job-specific questions.
- If you have a valid USAJOBS account/profile, click "Apply to this Vacancy" to verify responses related to your eligibility for Federal employment and respond to job-specific questions.
- All applicants must answer all questions and click “Next” to continue with the application process. *Note: Your application will be saved for your convenience after each page.
Step 5 - Submit Documents: You can submit any applicable required or optional documents via Upload, USAJOBS, Fax, or E-mail. Whichever method you choose, please include the job announcement number with your documents. To protect your privacy, we encourage you to remove personal information (such as your SSN, date of birth) from any documents that you submit. In the Application Review section, you may verify acceptance of your documents in CareerConnector if you see them listed on the Documents screen.
Document Upload: You may upload documents in one of two ways:
- Once you finish answering the questions in the job announcement, you will be prompted to upload your document(s) to your application. You will be given the choice to either upload the document as part of the application process; OR
- You can upload a document to an existing application by logging into your USAJOBS account profile. Click “Application Status" to display a list of vacancies, select the vacancy link and click "Update Application." Move through your existing application to the Documents page and select the appropriate action to add a document to your application. Be certain to review your completed application for confirmation that the document uploaded successfully.
Fax: Print a fax cover-sheet in CareerConnector by following the “Fax Instructions”. The fax number will be provided on the cover-sheet.
E-Mail: Send your documents to the e-mail address shown under the “Agency Contact Info” section in the vacancy announcement. We can accept documents in the following formats: PDF or Word.
Step 6 - Review and Confirm Your Submission: Once you click "Next," a summary of the completed application will appear for your review. You may download and save a copy of this page, by clicking the "Show/Hide" link and selecting the sections you are interested in saving. Click "Finish" at the bottom of the page to return to USAJOBS where you can confirm that your application has been submitted.
Conditions of Employment:
- Important information regarding Ethics and Conflicts of Interest: If you are currently employed by a national bank or a federal savings association or any other private organization, you will be recused for a period of time from matters affecting your former employer once you join the OCC. Also, OCC ethics standards generally prohibit employees, their spouses, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. You will be required to divest such securities if you accept an appointment at the OCC. If you have unusual circumstances and cannot readily divest prohibited securities, you should discuss this with an OCC ethics official. Your OCC recruiter can provide you contact information for an OCC ethics official.
- Personal Identity Verification (PIV): You will be required to go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. The documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is an E-Verify participant.
What to Expect Next
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging into USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." We also recommend you opt to receive status change e-mails through USAJOBS by logging into "Notification Settings". You will receive final notification via e-mail when this vacancy has been filled. Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an e-mail address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.