Minority outreach is an integral part of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s (OCC’s) mission. The External Outreach and Minority Affairs (EOMA) division:
- educates minority organizations and communities about the mission of the OCC,
- establishes and maintains relationships with minority communities to proactively address matters of fair access to financial services,
- supports minority owned national banks,
- informs the agency’s leadership about matters affecting minority institutions, and
- contracts a highly talented and diverse pool of interns through national internship organizations to fulfill OCC managers' intermittent employment needs.